Friday, June 8, 2012

Thrift Store Score and a Prayer Request

This post may seem a little random, because I have a couple nonconnected things to share today, but that is how it is sometimes.  First off, I wanted to share some things that I found in a thrift store here in town.  I am totally not a thrifter by nature.  I have tried several times, and I am just not gifted with the "eye" it takes to see the potential in things like this.  So you can imagine how excited I was since I went in with no expectations and came out with treasure!

This is what I got:  Probably at least 5 yards of fabric, a candlestick, and a picture frame (not shown) all for $7.50. The candlestick and the picture frame you will probably see down the road.  I have some crafty plans for them.  Yay me!


Now, for something a little more serious, I'd like to appeal to those of you who pray.  A close friend of the family has been in the hospital for a few days.  She is 52.  They found a tumor in her pelvis the size of a cantalope.  She had not been sick previously aside from what she thought was an upper respiratory infection that she couldn't get rid of.  They did the surgery to remove it along with a complete hysterectomy, and found it to be cancer and of an advanced stage.  Everyone is in shock, so I ask that you please pray for her healing, and that God receive the glory for it all.  After all He said if you have the faith the size of a mustard seed you can move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment